Antacid and Coating Supplement for Horses at Risk of Gastric Ulcers
Prolonged exposure of the stomach to gastric acid can cause damage to the stomach lining, resulting in a painful condition for the horse.
Horses with stomach damage can show irritability, poor appetite, and resistance to work. Research has shown that as many as 90% of horses in training have some level of stomach damage. Gastrointestinal upsets are common amongst many horses. Symptoms may include:
- Gastric sensitivity
- Loose droppings
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Stable vices
- Poor coat condition
- Unsettled behaviour
Why use Neigh-Lox?
- May aid in the maintenance of normal digestive functions
- Scientifically formulated blend of antacids and gastric agents for horses at risk of gastric irritation and damage
- Contains slow and rapid-acting antacids to effectively support the maintenance of a normal gastric environment
- Contains coating agents designed to protect the sensitive lining of the stomach.
When to use Neigh-Lox?
- Horses at risk of gastric irritation or ulcers
- Horses on high grain, reduced forage diets
- Performance horses prone to loss of appetite after work, competition or travel
- Horses exhibiting stable vices, unsettled behaviour, loose manure or weight loss
- Use during stressful conditions such as travel, weaning, show/sales preparation.
Feed 55g (1 level scoop) in each feed as a maintenance serve during low-stress periods.
Feed *110g (2 level scoops) with a small amount of lucerne chaff prior to exercise if not fed before work; for horses in work, during show/sale or competition preparation.
Do not exceed a total daily intake of 454g.
Feed weanlings (1 level scoop) 6-12 months of age each hard feed.
Do not exceed a total daily intake of 227g.
Available Pack Sizes
2.5kg 22 day supply*
12kg 109 day supply*