Supplementation of antioxidants is important for hard working horses.
Muscle damage is a constant risk in working horses, leading to reduced performance or inability to work. Supplementation of antioxidants is important for hard working horses to help ward off the ill effects of mass-produced free radicals associated with exercise.
Horses with an inadequate reserve of antioxidants may experience muscle soreness or stiffness during an exercise bout and prolonged recovery following hard work. Other effects of insufficient antioxidant intake include reduced immunity and decreased fertility.
Which Solution is right for your horse?
Preserve contains organic selenium which is research proven to be more bioavailable than inorganic forms. Selenium has a role in preventing cellular oxidation and is necessary in the diet to maintain normal growth, immune function and fertility. Selenium supplementation is essential for horses grazing selenium deficient pastures.
Nano.e is a revolutionary natural-source Vitamin E supplement for horses. Liposome encapsulation and nanodispersion ensures rapid and superior bioavailability for all horses.Vitamin E is an essential component of body-wide antioxidant defences and plays a vital role in immune, cardiovascular, circulatory, neuromuscular, and reproductive functions
- Antioxidants for Horses: Just the Basics
- Antioxidants for Tip-Top Performance
- Does My Horse Need a Vitamin E Supplement?
- Vitamin E and the Performance Horse
- Effects of Vitamin E Supplementation and Implications for Treatment of Neurologic Disease
- Feed to Support the Horse's Immune System
- Video - Antioxidant Research and its Application to Feeding Horses