Bone Food Plus®
Mineral and Vitamin Supplement to Support Bone Health
Bone Food Plus is formulated to supply equine diets with vital bone-building nutrients and supplies the essential building blocks to optimise bone development, health, and strength.
Calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium are the main structural components of bone. Low dietary calcium and phosphorus can lead to weakening of bones in horses, especially performance horses, stabled horses, lactating mares and growing horses.
Bone Food Plus also contains vitamin D, vitamin K, zinc, copper, and manganese which all play an important role in bone development.
Many diets do not provide optimal levels or correct ratios of the minerals calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, including those fed a high-grain diet or those grazing tropical forages and high-oxalate pastures. These pastures contain calcium-binding agents that may contribute to serious bone disorders such as big head disease.
Bone Food Plus supplementation helps offset these risks.
Why use Bone Food Plus?
- Highly digestible source of calcium and phosphorus with a ratio of 4.5:1
- Avoid deficiencies that may occur when horses are fed high-grain, low-roughage diets whilst sweating heavily or when factors interfere with magnesium absorption
- Vitamin D assists in calcium and phosphorus absorption and is an important nutrient for stabled horses where it is vital for bone health
- Vitamin K has been recognised as a key nutrient for bone development in horses deprived of green grass
- Zinc, copper, and manganese are important trace minerals that play a role in bone development
When to use Bone Food Plus?
- Horses grazing on high-oxalate pasture at risk of big head
- Stabled horses at risk of bone demineralisation
- Growing horses, young working horses and lactating mares with high mineral requirements
The following amounts should be fed daily and divided equally amongst feeds. Mix well into a damp feed.
Feed 20-40g for ponies requiring mineral supplementation.
Feed 40-80g for ponies on tropical pasture.
Feed 40-80g for horses requiring mineral supplementation.
Feed 80-160g for horses on tropical pasture.
Available Pack Sizes
|15kg||187 day supply*|
*based on an 80g serving