Concentrated Direct Source Of DHA And EPA Omega 3-Fatty Acids
EO-3 is a rich source of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA in a palatable liquid form.
EO-3 can be fed to all classes of horses including foals, breeding stock, and performance horses to improve the critical ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in the diet.
EO-3 provides preferential precursors for production of anti-inflammatory local hormones and regulates gene expression to positively affect insulin sensitivity.
Why use EO-3?
- Ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is 12:1
- Benefits of DHA- and EPA-mediated inflammatory response include reduction in joint inflammation, allergic reactivity, Equine Asthma (IAD, RAO)
- Improves glucose tolerance
- Strengthens immune function
- Increases red blood cell flexibility, which reduces the risk of exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhage (EIPH)
- Reproductive benefits include improved fertility and colostrum quality, enhanced passive transfer of antibodies to foals, and increased sperm concentration, motility, and viability
- Deodorised fish oil with cherry flavour for great palatability
When to use EO-3
- Horses in intense work
- Horses with EIPH (bleeders)
- Horses on high-grain diets, or omega-6 skewed diets
- Horses with joint inflammation
- Horses with allergies and skin conditions
- Horses with metabolic syndrome
- Horses with fertility concerns, including stallions and mares around breeding time and for lactating mares and mares in late pregnancy
Not all Omega 3 Sources are Equal!
EO-3 contains more long-chain omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) compared to other omega 3 supplements.
Plant-based supplements contain omega 3 fatty acids in the short-chain form and the conversion in horses to the long-chained form of EPA and DHA is not very efficient.
EO-3 has a total omega 3:6 ratio of 12:1, compared to a linseed which is 3:1 and canola oil which is 1:1.5. Adding just 30ml of EO-3 will provide more benefits associated with omega 3 supplementation than a plant-based supplement.
|EPA and DHA||6,750mg||25%|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||9,450mg||35%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||810mg||3%|
Add 1 to 2 oz (30 to 60 mL) to the feed.
For best results, introduce EO-3 to the ration gradually over a period of 5 to 10 days.
Available Pack Sizes
|3.785 L||126 day supply*|
|18.93 L||631 day supply*|
*based on a 30mL serving