Help Maintain Joint Health For Long Term Performance
Glucos-A-Flex contains a blend of glucosamine hydrochloride (HCl), vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants.
Glucos-A-Flex also contains the essential amino acid methionine, calcium, and vitamin C as well as the organic Zinpro Performance Minerals® copper, zinc, and manganese to supplement diets where levels may be low. This blend of nutrients is vital for cartilage and bone development, maintenance of elastic connective tissue, support of skin and mucous membranes and coat and hoof integrity.
Why use Glucos-A-Flex?
- Supplies glucosamine at 16.7mg/kg body weight
- Zinpro Performance Minerals organic copper has been shown to assist with the formation of connective tissue, bones and joint cartilage
- Organic zinc supports cell division and protein synthesis for skeletal growth and repair
- Affordable powdered supplement.
When to use Glucos-A-Flex?
- Maintaining elastic connective tissue, joint health, and function in all working, performance and aged horses
- When used long term, glucosamine has shown to be beneficial for joint health and function.
The following amounts should be fed daily.
Feed 60g (2 heaped scoops) for the first 4 weeks of supplementation.
Feed *30g (1 heaped scoop) horses and ponies in work, aged or retired horses (supplying glucosamine at 16.7mg/kg body weight).
Mix well with feed. Amounts are indicated for mature horses with a bodyweight of 500kg. Please adjust according to the weight of your horse.
NOTE: Not recommended for use in acute or infectious joint conditions. For diagnosis to determine these conditions, or in the event of adverse experience (e.g. diarrhea) or where response is unsatisfactory, consult your veterinarian.
Use with caution in pregnant or lactating animals as safe use in these groups has not been established.
Use with caution in animals with bleeding, liver or kidney disease.
Does my horse need a joint supplement?
Care of joints is critical to a horse realising its athletic potential. Horses in regular work are asked to jump, flex, work on varied surfaces or work at speed which puts additional stresses and forces on joints, making them more prone to arthritis and other joint-related issues.
Joint supplements can be used for both treatment and prevention of joint problems in horses. To minimise wear and tear on joints, proactive joint supplementation is recommended.
Available Pack Sizes
1kg 33 day supply*
5kg 167 day supply*
†Includes organic minerals.