Bone and Digestive Health Support
Triacton is a research-proven, triple-action supplement designed to improve bone density and support digestive health in horses. Research has shown a correlation between a loss of bone density and shin soreness in horses.
Triacton is a pelleted supplement containing an array of highly bioavailable minerals and vitamins essential for sound skeletal development and maintenance, as well as optimal function of the gastrointestinal tract.
Why use Triacton?
- Triacton includes KER BMC™, which has three research-proven benefits: improved gastric health and hindgut health; and improved bone density
- Research has shown that when Triacton is added to feed it increases buffering capacity 2X in acidic conditions typically seen in the stomach
- Studies conducted at Kentucky Equine Research have demonstrated 3X increase in bone density and 2X increase in bone thickness in racehorses
- Studies at Kentucky Equine Research demonstrated an increase in bone density in weanlings fed Triacton during winter when bone density usually decreases
- Research proven to improve hindgut buffering capacity by 54%
- Omeprazole use reduces calcium digestibility. KER BMC has been shown to rapidly release calcium at high stomach pH found with omeprazole use, and supplies more calcium when needs are higher
- Supports the beneficial microbial population of the caecum and colon by minimising hindgut acidosis (HGA)
- Contains other bone-building nutrients, such as magnesium, boron, silicon, iodine, with organic copper, zinc, and manganese; as well as vitamins A, C, D, and K
- Includes yeast for further hindgut support and improved fibre digestion
When to use Triacton?
- Young, growing horses in training
- Young, growing horses including weanlings and yearlings
- Horses prone to shin soreness
- Horses on omeprazole
- Stabled horses or those at risk of bone demineralisation
- Horses grazing high-oxalate pastures at risk of big head
†Includes organic minerals. ^From KER BMC
Feed 60-120g to growing horses.
Feed 120g per day to horses.
To maximise buffering effect, split serves across daily feeds. These recommendations are for horses with a mature body weight of 500kg.
Adjust according to the weight of your horse.
Available Pack Sizes
|4.5kg||37 day supply*|
|18kg||150 day supply*|
*based on a 120g serving