Racing Optimised Electrolyte
Horses with insufficient electrolyte replacement risk loss of stamina and early onset of fatigue. Race Recovery™ replaces essential electrolytes lost by horses trained on furosemide (Lasix®). Race Recovery stimulates thirst, increases water intake and body weight rebound, and improves recovery prior to racing.
In a series of studies conducted by Kentucky Equine Research, scientists measured the effect of furosemide on urine and fecal excretion of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and chloride in unexercised and exercised mature Thoroughbred geldings. Furosemide causes a substantial loss of minerals, including a 40- to 50-fold increase in 4-hour urinary sodium and chloride loss and a sustained calcium loss over several days. With Race Recovery, mineral losses are entirely reversible. Race Recovery stimulates thirst and replaces body weight quickly. Race Recovery is also suitable for use as a daily electrolyte supplement for horses given furosemide.
The high calcium and magnesium content makes Race Recovery well suited to endurance horses at rides and horses prone to thumps. Adjust Race Recovery intake according to sweat loss and preload before the ride or race.
Break away from the pack with targeted electrolyte supplementation.
- Provides horses trained on furosemide with targeted electrolyte supplementation
- Includes highly digestible forms of calcium and magnesium, two key minerals lost after furosemide use
- Features a palatable formulation to ensure consumption
- Increases water intake and body weight replacement after furosemide use, so horses eat better and recover from the gallop faster
- Stimulates thirst so horses replace lost body weight faster
- Provides support for all endurance horses, especially those prone to thumps
- Give 60g Restore® Paste after galloping following furosemide use to stimulate thirst.
- After furosemide: Feed 60g* of Race Recovery twice a day mixed thoroughly in feed for 2-3 days thereafter.
- Feed 60g per day to replenish the electrolytes lost during training.
- Give endurance horses 30-60g in each feed at the ride base, at vet checks, and for 2 days after the ride. Use Restore® during regular training.
*These recommendations are for horses with a mature body weight of 500kg. Please adjust according to the weight of your horse.
Always allow free-choice access to fresh, clean water following supplementation with electrolytes. A veterinarian should be consulted before feeding electrolytes to a horse that is not willing to drink water.
- 6-kg powder (100 servings)